Bringing Family to the U.S. While on a Student Visa

If you’re applying for an F-1 or M-1 visa, your spouse and children may be able to travel to and stay in the U.S. with you.

Planning to study in the U.S. on an F-1 or M-1 visa? If so, your spouse and minor children (under 21 years of age and unmarried) may request visas to come and stay in the United States with you. They are eligible for visas (F-2 and M-2) simply by virtue of being your spouse and children–in other words, they won’t have to prove that they are coming to the United States for a specific purpose, such as to travel or study.

Open chat